Stuart Ruddy is the Secretary and General Counsel of Knapp Properties, L.C. His responsibilities include managing and completing all real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leasing, financing, and development, as well as general corporate legal matters.
After earning his undergraduate degree from Loras College in political science and speech communication, and graduating magna cum laude in 1994, Stuart earned his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2001. There, he was the President of the Student Bar Association and a Staff Member of the Law Weekly newspaper. He is admitted to practice law in Iowa and a member of the Iowa State Bar Association. In addition, he was named in the 2012 Great Plains Super Lawyers Magazine and was included as a member of the Class of 2009 – 40 Under 40 by the Des Moines Business Record.
Stuart Ruddy joined Knapp Properties, Inc. as General Counsel in December 2012 after six years with the Des Moines, Iowa office of Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP, an international law firm with more 750 attorneys worldwide. Prior to coming to Des Moines, Stuart worked for the law firm of Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Stuart and his wife Brooke have lived in the Des Moines area more than 16 years, have two children, Sophie and Jack, and currently live in Johnston.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
– American Bar Association Member: Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
– Iowa State Bar Association Member: Real Estate and Title Law Section
– Iowa State Bar Association Member: Probate, Trust and Estate Planning Law Section
– Polk County Bar Association Member
– Georgetown University Law Center – Juris Doctor, 2001
– Loras College – Bachelor of Arts Political Science and Speech Communication: Radio and Television, 1994 – Magna Cum Laude
– Variety – The Children’s Charity of Iowa: Board Member & Executive Board Member
– Junior Achievement of Central Iowa: Board Member
– St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church of Johnston: Past-President of Church Council
– Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Iowa: Past Chair of the Board of Directors
– Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute: Past Chair of the Board of Directors
– Johnston Basketball Club: Past Member of Board of Directors
– Johnston Little League: 2018 Little League Coach of the Year